We are glad to invite you to join us and the Cambridge Centre for Environment, Energy and Natural Resource Governance for a webinar presenting the Global Pact Coalition!
In 2022, a declaration will be adopted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 1972 Stockholm Conference. In order for this text to live up to expectations, civil society needs to unite behind a single motto : ambition for the planet.
A Coalition has been formed to rally all stakeholders behind this call: the Global Pact Coalition. Together, we want to push States to act and adopt a Global Pact for the Environment.
This Webinar will seek to answer four questions:
- What is the Global Pact for the Environment?
- Why do we need such a text?
- How would its adoption have a concrete impact?
- Where are negotiations heading to?
- Yann Aguila, Director General of the Global Pact Coalition.
- Ginevra le Moli, Professor at Leiden University.
- Maria Antonia Tigre, Regional Director for Latin America at the Global Network for the Study of Human Rights and the Environment.
- Jorge E. Viñuales, Harold Samuel Professor at the University of Cambridge.
Organized by: The Global Pact Coalition and the Cambridge Center for Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Governance.
Interested in knowing more?